October 27, 2005

Ramblings and more…....…

I know it’s not Friday, but since the topic of tomorrow is a lock, I thought I might as well babble on today.

My ambition of listening to every Coldplay album at least three times this week should be reviewed (or rather thrashed)! So far the number of plays is one big fat zero (it's no longer zero - I've actually started listening to it now). It should be an interesting concert Sunday nonetheless.

A while back I preordered The hjärta och smärta EP by Kent. It will be released on Wednesday, but because of the preorder, I can download the songs for free tomorrow. Do you remember what it felt like the day before Christmas when you were a kid? This is exactly how I feel right now! Comments should follow tomorrow.

Title track from the Coles Corner album by Richard Hawley is definitely among the best 5 songs of the year. Laid-back and simply beautiful. The rest of the album is not far behind!

Once you have accepted the fact that Leisure Alaska is a rock band (even though the fantastic Hey There Mr. indicated differently), the debut album The Deja In My Vu is not bad at all. Far from being perfect, but it's playful and includes its fair share of (very) good songs!

Magpie by Stephen Fretwell is a very fine singer/songwriter album. Voice, music and lyrics blends together beautifully. Very intimate.

Did you (yeah YOU!!) remember to listen to The Arrogants yesterday? If no - shame on you!

Another song worth checking out is Black (MP3) by Okkervil River.

My favorite song of the moment is Burning Hearts by NY-band My Favorite (!). I learned about the song through the Coast Is Clear blog and it can be downloaded for free via this link.

Let the bidding war begin ;-()


My blog is worth $8,468.10.
How much is your blog worth?

1 comment:

Bobby "the Blue" said...

Mine is worth lesss than half of yours! I bow before greatness!