November 17, 2005

Do you you really have to buy any new music these days, because doesn't the web supply you with plenty of free (and sometimes even great) music? Thought I should add that more than half of the songs appearing in my current favorites list have been downloaded from the web - legally and for free!

To stress my point, I've created a short list of some of the songs I downloaded during a couple of hours websurfing yesterday (admittedly some songs are a lot better than others, but I was certainly well entertained while exploring and listening!):

Webpage link + MP3 link
The Guggenheim Grotto - And A Tear Isn't Such A Bad Thing x
I'm From Barcelona - We're From Barcelona x
Battle - Demons x
Amandine - Halo
Tiger Lou - The Loyal
My Mellow Venue - Frail Eyes
Efterklang - Monopolist
Memoplay - Words Are Small x
The Mopeds - Refused Demoland
Firefox AK - Wonder Boy x (via sudd. mp3 focus)

Plus a handful of nice ones by Hope Chest via Coast Is Clear!

The x indicates that the song was added to my current favorites list!

Check out the webpages of the bands for more songs (plenty to find there)!

Finally (I should add) the answer to my opening question is that you (obviously) must support the artists through buying their music. Only this way can it be secured that this steady flow of great (or at least interesting) music will continue!

1 comment:

tom said...

I believe that there are artists that can make it big by getting their music out there via the internet. The radio just isn't cutting it any more. I haven't listened to the radio for... well, I don't remember the last time I listened to the radio.