January 13, 2006

The number of bands out there waiting to be explored seems endless. But sometimes the unfortunate situation occurs that you discover them a little too late! Last year it happened quite a few times when Peter introduced me to bands like Mary Goes Round, My Favorite, The Field Mice etc. and this week it happened again when I came across Autumn Thieves.
For (unspecified) personal reasons the band decided to split up at the beginning of this year (so it’s actually a little less than two weeks ago), so there might still be a fair chance that the decision isn’t final. And I'm probably not the only one who's a bit puzzled, because apparently a single is to be released this month, but the farewell message at webpage doesn't really leave much room for discussions!
However the voice of Courtney Hutcheson, the drums and the My Bloody Valentine influenced guitars would make a reunion great news for lovers of classic shoegaze, because everything I’ve heard so far sure indicates that this band has (or more accurate; had) a lot of potential.
The band only released a one EP (I'm not quite sure, but I think it was just one) and most of the songs recorded can be found at the webpage or at myspace.

Downtown
Decline and Fall
Trees

No comments: