May 21, 2007

Mono

It's no hidden secret that I (over the past few years) have grown some (or rather a lot of) interest in unsigned Danish indie/alternative pop/rock bands. Therefore it's always with great expectations that I read Gaffa's monthly feature "Demo of the month", because more than once it's has introduced me to some excellent upcoming bands (e.g. Ruined By Martin, Demons Are Real, Us With Millions). This month (May) my expectations was once again fulfilled as the brilliant Copenhagen indie rock band Mono was picked "Demo of the month". Summarizing the review, the music was described as "grandiose indie rock...loaded with guitars and synths...great energy...fine songwriting...high quality...". I fully agree with every word in the review, as this is exactly the kind of intense, noisy (and still very melodic) indie rock that I just never seem to get tired of.
+ Our Dawn
+ Back Home
+ All Shades Of You

No comments: