February 5, 2009

Breaking up is...

I just don't like receiving news like this. I spend lots of time befriending a band and thanks to my skills in the art of sucking up, I get my reward by being listed as one of their Myspace top friends. And then, just like that, the band decides to split up! Ah well! As much as it hurts admitting it, this world isn’t (entirely) about yours truly, and I guess I'll have to accept that things like this will happen. On a more serious note, the band in question is the excellent Oliver North Boy Choir and all jokes aside; there obviously is a rational reason for this definitive decision and it can be found at the band’s official webpage. Fittingly one of the last songs recorded by the band was called Farvel (goodbye in Danish), though I do prefer the phrase “vi ses” (see you), as I hope we’ll meet the band members again some fine day as parts of other/new constellations. The final EP Blackmail and the 2008 (?) compilation Shameless Pop Songs will be out February 22 (download only I assume).
+ Farvel

2 comments:

mp3hugger said...

This is very sad, they were brill and such a nice band to deal with.

Parklife said...

They will surely be missed!