April 1, 2009

Looking ahead...

This Monday I mentioned that the past weekend had been quiet and uneventful. Looking ahead I can see that the forthcoming weekend will be anything but. Friday evening I’m planning to attend the Ruined by Martin debut concert at Lades in Copenhagen. Saturday I’m going to a birthday party and Sunday evening I’ll once again be heading for Copenhagen, to finally see the much hyped (but deservedly so) Loney, Dear at Vega. Tickets are still available and with Marching Band being the supporting act this has developed into a “not to be missed” evening for any true fan of Swedish indie pop.
+ Ruined by Martin - Self Assured
+ Loney, DearAirport Surroundings
+ Marching BandTravel In Time

Indie MP3 is back! And it’s not an April’s fool joke! At least so we’re told.

French music blog Absolut Noise, which dedicates its scribbles solely to Swedish music, has posted the track I väntan på Sten by Lerkruka. Especially worth mentioning as the track is a cover of The Pixies classic Here Comes Your Man; but sung in Swedish.

The track At the Mall by Sweden’s Emerald Parkwas featured on "Pop on Paper" by Uwe Jähnichen (Radio Blau, Leipzig) and on the Darkhorse podcast show”. Whatever that means exactly? But the band seems happy about it and has thus decided to make the track free to download.
+ At the Mall

I’m currently working pretty hard to get into new Danish psychedelic rock ‘n’ roll quartet Le Cul. The Here’s Our Friend Charlie EP is free to download from Bandbase.dk. Not quite sure how exactly to describe this and The Rock and Roll Report compares the band to a string of other artists, though their comparison to “the youthful elements of Franz Ferdinand” seems fairly reasonable. The do sound like they are having a lot of fun, but I probably need a few more listens before I’m able to join the fun.
+ Back on my Doorstep

No comments: