September 3, 2009

x...

I’m sharper than ever! Brought The xx debut album with me to work this morning, so I could give it a few listens. Just forgot to check whether the CD was in the sleeve or still in the CD player. You’ve probably guessed it. The sleeve is here, the CD is at home, which means that there will be no The xx listening for me today.

Still a little bit depressed that I’m going to miss the Crunchy Frog 15 year anniversary party on Saturday. Missing the EPO-555 farewell concert obviously hurts (and probably will for some time), but missing the debut concert of Lars and The Hands of Light feels pretty bad as well.
+ EPO-555 - Hyperschlieb
+ Lars and The Hands of Light - Me Me Me

I’ve had the great fortune today to listen to the forthcoming single Sea of Regrets by I Like Trains and it’s an absolute monster of beauty running for nearly 6 minutes. The single will be released October 12 and is the first single from the band’s second album, which should be out some time early next year. Daily Motion has a (rather poorly sounding) live video of the song.

The Ski Bunny Remix of the forthcoming them:youth single Halo is on constant rotation this afternoon. Just like the previous track F.R.A.N.C.E., which I posted some months ago, the remix of Halo is simply infectious and a much welcomed infusion of energy. The single will be out September 28 on Dirty Boots Records.
+ Halo (Ski Bunny Remix)
+ Halo (video)
+ F.R.A.N.C.E.

No comments: