June 11, 2010

Being national...

The National will be at KB-Hallen (Copenhagen) on November 11. I’m still trying to figure out why everyone seems to be so high on this band, but I’ve bought a ticket nonetheless. And if Frank is right (he usually is) we should be in for something awesome.
+ Bloodbuzz Ohio

The 2010 FIFA World Cup begins today (surprise, surprise) and as always I dream of the Danes conquering the world. But if I just this one try to be realistic and take off those red and white colored glasses, it should be rather obvious that Denmark’s chances of making an impact are close to zero. But didn’t we think exactly the same in 1992 and 1998?

New album Into The Great Wide Yonder by Trentemøller was released last week (in Denmark) to rave reviews. Here’s one more artist, whose popularity I don’t quite get. This remix of Sycamore Feeling is brilliant, but the rest…???
+ Sycamore Feeling (Trentemøller Remix Edit)

Efterklang and Turboweekend have decided to swap remixes.
+ Full Moon (Turboweekend remix)
+ Sweet Jezebel (Efterklang remix)

Here’s a track I probably would have posted no matter how bad it was, as Illinois quartet Elsinore share its name with the English name of my hometown. As it turned out the song is a pretty decent pop rock piece, which to be honest is quite a relief!
+ Yes Yes Yes

No comments: