January 29, 2011

From the top of my head...

No agenda tonight. Nothing.

I began the year writing that I would try to improve the quality of the blog. Looking at the stuff posted this month, there’s only one correct conclusion; mission incomplete. Still 11 months left of the year to improve things, so better times ahead…I hope...!

Earlier this month I kicked off my own small mission that I will indeed listen to the “1001 albums you must hear before you die”. So far I’ve listened to 5, so 996 albums left. At the current pace (two albums a week) it will take approx 10 years to work my way through the list, but I’m in no hurry and really looking forward to the (hopefully) many interesting listening experiences. Perhaps not looking that much forward to Baby One More Time, but swear I won’t be stopped by a threat of 42 minutes of pure torture. Will keep you updated on how things are progressing…

Remember to support Danmarks Indsamling tonight!

Bright Eyes gives away a second track Haile Selassie from the forthcoming album The People's Key. Don't forget to grab Shell Games (the first track) as well, while you're there!

Monster, second single from Dearling Physique's album Deadeye Dealer, is not quite as appealing as first single Discipline Your Hands, but that probably would have been a little too much to ask for!
+ Monster
+ Discipline Your Hands

New track No Miracles by Sweden's This Year's Model is an infectiously catchy pop song. Plain and simple! From the band's forthcoming album We Walk Like Ghosts.
+ No Miracles

Good stuff in the mailbox tonight...for a change!

Just found this ace new track by Danish indie-folk sextet Alcoholic Faith Mission.
Alcoholic Faith Mission - Running With Insanity by Paper Garden Records

Check out this rather innovative project called Tw1tterband...

++++

3 comments:

DJ Talbot said...

Thanks for keeping up the blog, I enjoy it!

soothbay said...

sounds great!

Unknown said...

DJ: Happy you're still visiting the blog :)

Soothbay: Hope it does - whatever you're thinking of :)