February 18, 2011

Need you now...

Of course I’ve heard of Cut Copy, but so very typically me I never pay much attention to bands that are being (over-?) hyped. So yes; I’ve ignored them and the many promo mails (though I did in fact listen to Where I'm Going back in July last year). But this morning I received yet another promo mail and for some (completely unknown) reason it lured me to check out brand new video for Need You Know…and I was blown away (by the song and not so much by the video, which is somewhat “over the top”)! Because I just can't help being a sucker for catchy up-tempo electro pop tunes and that’s exactly what you’re getting here. Hell; it even reminds me somewhat of OMD, when they were at their best in the mid-80’s and music has probably never sounded better than it did back then. The version featured in the video is just 4 minutes long, so once you’ve watched the video I strongly recommend that you head over to MFKWCRG and download the massive album version of the track, which runs for a little more than 6 minutes! It's a stunner...


Cut Copy - Need You Now from Cut Copy on Vimeo.

No comments: