October 8, 2013

Found a silver dollar on the avenue...

I've said it numerous times before, but it really, really makes my day, when I pick a random track from a random promo mail and then gets completely knocked off my feet. Happened today when I checked fresh single On The Avenue by fairly new Australian trio Major Tom, which since then has been on continuous repeat. The track is an irresistible, charming and close to perfect 70's inspired piano-pop song getting quite some inspiration from (without ripping off) Elton John and (so they say) Ben Folds. SoundCloud doesn't seem to be working today, so instead you'll have to enjoy (and enjoy it you should) the track via this bandcamp link.


And the SoundCloud widget which seems to be working again (the reason was probably some problem with my fucked up computer! Yes! It's new, but still pretty fucked up!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's another excellent find, a really catchy song! Thanks! Paul

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment. Glad you like it Paul :-)