January 29, 2014

A shitload of randomness...

Always way behind, but I'm used to it, so it no longer pisses me off. Or least I've become fairly pretty good at pretending that it doesn't. But for whatever reason, I've just recently discovered I Break Horses. They haven't exactly been the world's best kept secret, so how I missed out...I don't know. And I really don't care or see no point in figuring out why. Rambling on when all I'm trying to say is that Chiaroscuro is absolutely brilliant.


A friend of mine is trying to convince me that I should join him and some of our old compadres at this year's Roskilde Festival. Are you kidding me? I'm 45 years old and my body feels far more comfortable surrounded by five-star luxury than in a tent, with mud up to my knees and getting no sleep for a week. And the lineup so far doesn't exactly make anyone drool; does it? Add a few names and then perhaps I'd reconsider. But I won't give you any, because then you might actually book one (*cough* *Richard* *cough* *Hawley* *cough* *cough* *Doves*) or two of them, and thus forcing me to join the lads!

The release of new single Summer In Your Eyes by Danish one man project Kites and Komets might seem a bit oddly timed with a title like that. Especially when looking out the window and everything here is cold, white and windy. But listen to the lyrics and it all makes (a little) more sense. Musically it's a gorgeously catchy pop tune with (no surprise really) a wonderful summerly feel to it! No SoundCloud link, so you'll have to find it on iTunes etc. or use the Spotify link below (if the goddamn thing is working?).

Excellent Danish singer-songwriter Stærosaurus uploaded a fine new track yesterday from his forthcoming debut album Store Hoved (translates into Big Head in case you were wondering). Called Loopet (the loop) and I'll leave it to you guessing why it's called exactly that...


New Chorus Grant track, the achingly beautiful O Everyone, went straight in at number one on radio chart Barometerlisten. Vote, vote and vote again to please help the track stay at the top spot.

No comments: